1800 469 828

Who does the assessment of the level of care I need?

Everyone entering an aged care home in Australia is assessed by a government representative from the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). Your doctor, the Dept of Health & Family services, a social worker or a community nurse can arrange an assessment. After the assessment ACAT will recommend the level of care required and provide advice on what the assessment means.

The distinction between high-level and low-level care no longer exists a. ACAT assessments will simply be used to determine that any form of care is needed.

on 12/04/2014 by Super User
Was this helpful?