The newest retirement village in the Tulich Family Communities portfolio, Durham Green opened in 2007 with our first land release, followed in 2008 with the Country Club and The Manor.
Formed in 1995 by Maurice Tulich and Curtis Mann, Tulich Family Communities is the result of many years of commitment and dedication to the Aged Care and Retirement Industry. Fuelled by a passion to provide villages that establish a continuum of care through the development of independent retirement communities for the most discerning residents, Tulich Family communities has always followed their guiding vision of "Retire to Live."
Previous extensive experience in the aged care industry left our founders with the enduring belief that many independent living retirement villages and aged care facilities available were undesirable and that the care being provided was often unsuitable and undignified.
Founder Maurice Tulich describes past retirement villages as a "box", one that Tulich Family Communities has broken out of. It was his belief that there should be no compromise on your standards when you enter a retirement village. "Clientele had a very bad opinion of retirement living and aged care facilities as signifying the end of their life. We believe it's the beginning of a new life." Maurice Tulich.
Our values throughout our communities are simple: Trust, Integrity and Honesty.
The team at Durham Green always respects the dignity and maintains the independence of its residents and strives to provide the best service and care to the residents in our village and Aged Care Communities.
The ongoing health of every resident is our number one priority. This includes ensuring that all meals and activities are tailored to meet the specific needs of every individual. Dedicated and compassionate staff are available 24-hours a day to cater for the individual needs of each resident, and extensive amenities are available on-site.
We demonstrate our beliefs in the way we treat each other and by the example we set for one another. In all our dealings with our residents, business associates and colleagues we seek to treat everyone with the utmost of respect and honesty.
The key to our success and our greatest asset is our staff and residents. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride and satisfaction in what we do, and in ensuring that; our resident's happiness depends on the united efforts of many. We are most effective in working together as a team, respecting one another's importance and contribution.
How we succeed
We succeed when every decision is based on a clear understanding of, and belief in what we do, coupled with sound financial planning. Naturally, fair and reasonable profits are essential to ensure the viability and prosperity of Tulich Family Communities Limited and to provide long-term benefits to our residents and employees.
The company motto "Retire to live" is instilled across all communities and within the work ethos of all facility staff.
Our Philosophy of Care
- Strive to provide an environment where we can assure and commit to providing a happy and secure place of residence.
- Ensure that support and services are directed towards meeting each resident's individual and personal needs whether physical, emotional, social or spiritual.
- Provide and maintain an environment, which combines comfort with freedom from worry for every resident and encourage interaction between residents, relatives, friends, staff and the local community.
- Encourage each resident to maintain a full and satisfying lifestyle while preserving dignity, privacy and independence, appropriate to their physical and emotional health.
- Strive to create a feeling of personal achievement by assisting each resident to do as much for themselves as long and as best they can.
- The personal feelings, desires and opinions of each resident will be respected at all times.
- Strive to meet the social, emotional and financial needs of residents in an equitable manner on the basis of need, irrespective of sex, race, creed or religion.